Image Map

Sunday, July 8, 2012

***UPDATE*** Nude but not naked! Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Café Au Lait Polish Review!

In order to keep my blog updated more than once every 2 years, I have decided to write posts on subjects other than crafts and my Etsy store. This one is a nail polish review!

To tell you the truth, I am terrible at painting my nails and other people's nails. I'm that girl at the slumber party that can't paint your nails and makes the other girls do it for her. I get polish EVERYWHERE. Cuticles, hands, carpet, you name it. Before 2012, I believe that that last time my nails were painted (other than the french manicure Ashlei did for my wedding) was my sophomore year of college for "Emo Day" when my friends Ashlei and Lauren and I decided to dress emo and stroll about campus trolling folks.

This year, Ashlei got into a big nail polish kick and I joined in. Being a nurse, it's nearly impossible to have nice nails, but I tried it out anyway. Since I'm currently a housewife, I can have the nicest nails ever! (jk NOT) I wanted nude colored nails and Ashlei and I had the discussion of how cool it would be to have a nude polish that would match your skin tone.

So, today I went to CVS on a hunt for Burt's Bees Blemish Stick and somehow ended up in the nail polish aisle and found Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in "Café Au Lait.

Since I'm Asian and have yellowish undertones, I figured this color would look close to my skin tone.



Here is how it looks WITHOUT flash:


Here is how it looks WITH flash:


I must say that while it's not EXACTLY like my skin tone, it's pretty close. There is some very slight shimmer in the polish which adds a nice touch without being overbearing. I used Seche Vite Basecoat, 2 coats of the Café Au Lait, and 2 coats of Seche Vite Fast Dry Topcoat. I LOVE the Complete Salon Manicure formula! It's not too thick and not too thin and the brush covers so well. On the first coat, I was like kinda EEHHHH WTF because it was so sheer and thin, but my expectations were recovered after the 2nd coat when it went on like a dream. Definite keeper!

Since I painted my nails after sunset, I haven't seen them in natural light so I shall see how the color looks in the morning! I hope that you have enjoyed my very first nail polish review. Thanks for reading!

*******UPDATE*******


It's now daylight! Here's how the color looks in natural light! It's less yellow undertones with some pink showing through. Still looks nice! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment