Image Map

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Clothing Recons

More crafts ahoy! This time I went through my older sister's closet for old t-shirts she doesn't wear anymore. I found 2 cute shirts and decided to make one into a halter and the other into a cute ruched-side tank. Many of these designs were inspired by Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt.

Here's pics of the white ruched tank:

Front-->
Side view of ruched side-->

Here's pics of the yellow halter:

Front-->
Back-->

The white tie is made from a strip of another white t-shirt I re-coned. Hrrmm... that reminds me... I have to get pics of those too. :P

And finally, here's the last recon item of the day! A Pacman skirt made from 5 different t-shirts. It should have only been made from 3 t-shirts, but I was having trouble finding 2 exact sized black tees and plain red tees. I found the black Pacman tee at a Goodwill store, one panel was made from a black tee my friend gave me, and the 4th panel was cut out from a black tobacco promotional shirt my dad had. (He never wore it anyway.) The red band was made from 2 separate red tees. If I had a better pic, you can see that they are 2 different color reds. One tee was from my college tee and the other from an old high school Homecoming tee.

Pics:

Front-->
Close-up on Pacman ghosts-->

Well, that's all the sewing I've done for now. I'm currently working on sock arm warmers and I have to finish my U-shaped butt pillow. I'm hoping I can make a faux Harry Potter Gryffindor scarf tonight, but time is slim and I must pack for my month long trip tonight. ^^;

No comments:

Post a Comment