Image Map

Monday, August 6, 2012

Cuttin Up... T-Shirts!

I love weekends. Besides the laziness and no work aspect, mostly everyone is off work and they have time to hang out and do things. Since I'm currently unemployed, I occasionally feel disconnected from the rest of society since most of my friends work or go to school during the week and I don't see them as often.

This past Saturday, Ashlei of Fiberluxe and I got together to make cutout t-shirts! Ashlei wanted a hardcore skull cutout tee like this one at Hurley. If you follow me on Pinterest (or known me for a few years) you'd know that I love anything with wings. I found this shirt at Bershka and decided to copy it.




Both of us ended up making 2 shirts each. Ashlei chose a black shirt for her skull cutout and a white shirt for this design. I used a white tee for my wings cutout and a black tee for a vertabrate looking cutout design.

Onto pictures!

Sketching out the design on cardstock...


Ashlei works faster than I do. She was already tracing her design onto her shirt!


Here's the completed wing design transferred onto the shirt. 


It took me forever to cut out! I learned a few things: 1) make the design smaller 2) more space between the holes. I actually had a few segments rip since I cut too thin between the holes. Well, you live and learn! I'm going to attempt another wing cutout shirt later this week, hopefully.

With my black t-shirt, I used buente freunde's tutorial to make the vertebrate-like design. It was quick and easy! Took about 10 minutes or less! And it fits so comfy! Can't wait to wear my bandeau tops underneath. :)


Here's how they look on:




Afterwards, we got bored and decided to search for nail polishes and Ashlei even painted my nails! Aren't they pretty? :)

Base: China Glaze "Re-fresh Mint" Polka Dots: Zoya "Maura"

Well, that's it for today's post! I've been working up a storm on a commission and sculpting new products for the shop! Thanks for reading! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment